What's Happening This Week
- Mini-lectures and Activities Tue May 26th 2:30pm PDT
- Review and Discussion Thur May 28th 2:30pm PDT (includes Weekly Review Quiz activity)
- Complete Group Contract and Communication Plan May 29th 11:59pm PDT
Required Readings & One-Minute Summaries
- Interaction design: a guide for beginners May 27th 11:59pm PDT
- HCI Laws May 27th 11:59pm PDT
- The Myths of Mobile Design and Why They Matter May 27th 11:59pm PDT
- Touch Targets on Touchscreens May 27th 11:59pm PDT
Is your group interested in an open source mobile project other than the Canvas Mobile App? Post your group project proposal by May 29th.
Looking Ahead to Next Week
Week 4 Live Blackboard Collaborate Sessions
- Mini-lectures and Activities Tue Jun 2nd 2:30pm PDT
- Review and Discussion Thur Jun 4th 2:30pm PDT
Week 4 Required Readings and One-Minute Summaries
- Assessing usability with Cognitive Walkthrough (14 minute read)
- An Overview of Expert Heuristic Evaluations (12 minute read)
- Design Heuristics Lecture with Scott Klemmer, a Video Playlist (35 minutes in total)
- Severity Ratings for Usability Problems (5 minute read)
Week 4 Individual Assignment #1
Upcoming Usability Inspection Assignment Jun 15th 11:59pm PDT
What is the practice of multi-device interaction design?
What does a holistic user experience design process look like?
Course overview / What is usability and user experience design?
Is this your first fully online course? If so, you might find these articles might be of help:
- 8 Strategies for Getting the Most Out of an Online Class
- What Makes a Successful Online Learner?
- How to study at home during coronavirus – by online students and tutors
BCcampus recently launched a new website to help support students during the COVID-19 pandemic which you might also find to be a helpful resource throughout the term:
Weekly course materials will be posted here by Saturday of each week. One-minute summaries are due on Wednesday each week, and weekly review quizzes are due on Friday.