Online Office (Student) Hours 🏫
Final Exam Details
- Online Final Exam Apr 22nd 3:30pm - 6:30pm PT
- Do a Browser check before - Firefox or Google Chrome recommended
- Take the exam at a quiet location, with a wired Internet connection or strong WiFi signal
- Write your answers in a word processing app and then paste them into Quiz answer fields
- During the exam you can post questions in the Final Exam Clarifications discussion
- Only press the Submit button once when you have completed the Quiz
Have a question about the Final Exam? Post your question in the Final Exam Q&A forum.
How to plan, conduct, and summarize usability tests?
Instructor design reviews, no regularly scheduled Blackboard Collaborate sessions or online office hours.
Zoom group meetings between 12:00pm and 4:00pm PT on Mar 30th, 31st and April 1st.
Special topics — visual interface design
What are the essentials of visual interface design?
Instructor design scenarios and storyboard mockups meetings, no regularly scheduled Blackboard Collaborate sessions.
Zoom group meetings between 12:00pm and 4:00pm PT on Mar 9th, 10th and 11th.
How to bridge the gap between the problem space and design space?
How to understand and communicate people's needs and behaviours?
No classes, readings, one-minute summaries or weekly review quiz.
How to explore and communicate possible design solutions?
Special topic — heuristic evaluations
How to conduct a user interface inspection?
What is the practice of multi-device interaction design?
Welcome to CMPT-363 User Interface Design, Spring 2021 👋🏼
Is this your first fully online course? If so, you might find these articles might be of help:
- 8 Strategies for Getting the Most Out of an Online Class
- What Makes a Successful Online Learner?
- How to study at home during coronavirus – by online students and tutors
BCcampus has a website to help support students during the COVID-19 pandemic which you might also find to be a helpful resource throughout the term:
Weekly course materials will be posted here by Tuesday of each week. After the first week, one-minute summaries are due on Thursday each week, and weekly review quizzes are due on Sunday. Major assignments are usually due on Mondays.